[Users] claws-mail impap-error Port 993 tls on Macos

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 09:46:11 UTC 2023

> How did you install claws-mail? Is there an alternative to install
> claws besides Brew? Do you have any other ideas?

Hi Steffe,

I compiled Claws Mail from source but without using Brew for that
package. Some of the underlying libraries where installed from Brew, but
at the time I compiled it I had an older Mac (version 10.15 I think)
which Brew did not support fully. So I compiled what I could using Brew,
then other things manually. It's 3.19.1, with GTK2. I have since
updated to a new M2 Mac, but didn't change Claws since it is still
working normally when I transferred all my files over.

One thing you could try is starting Claws from a terminal window rather
than clicking on the application. See of it gives you any messages or
errors. From memory I think the first time I opened it there was a
pop-up window asking for permission - this is what sets up the Mac
firewall. Maybe this window didn't pop-up, or could you have cancelled
it rather than saying Ok?

I'm not familiar with the 'lulu' firewall or how that might interact
with the Mac firewall controls.

Maybe some settings from my old Mac got carried over and help it work on
the new one? I can't be sure about that.

Best regards, David.