[Users] Claws Mail 4.2.0 and 3.20.0 Unleashed!!!

Tue Nov 21 16:20:58 UTC 2023

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 17:09:57 +0100 (CET),
skoric at uns.ac.rs<skoric at uns.ac.rs> wrote:

>On 11/20/23 15:13, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:25:31 -0000
>> Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Paul,
>>
>>> 20th November 2023                          Claws Mail 4.2.0 / 3.20.0
>>
>> Compiled, installed, up and running.
>>
>> Many thanks to all those concerned.
>>

>Is it possible to update Claws Mail version 3.17.3 that was installed via
>Debian Buster repository? I'd prefer if a new version would be updated to
>the repository.
>
>Or as an alternative, to compile in Buster (if feasible at all) and
>replace the executable from repository installation.
>
>Misko

I am the one who has taken care of the backports in Debian, but buster
is old-old-stable, and I haven't done it there. And now it is too old
for me to bother with. Also, official Debian backports are only
available for old-stable (one release NEWER of Debian than what you are
using) for one year after a new stable release of Debian has been made.

So, my suggestion would be to upgrade your Debian, or contact someone
who gives support to older Debian versions. There are companies who do
this for a fee.

Or build yourself, there surely are people here to help you with that.

best of luck
-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists at gusnan.se
andreas at ronnquist.net