[Users] claws-mail impap-error Port 993 tls on Macos

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 21:35:27 UTC 2023

I now have a version of Claws 4.1.1 that will compile and run under MacOS
Sonoma (version 14 - the latest), on the Arm based Apple Silicon.

The crazy memory consumption I was getting with the GTK2 version has
gone. I expect that GTK2 just hasn't had much attention for the new Mac
processors, but GTK3 is working much better. I will test for memory
leaks later, but it's sitting at about 180 MB memory use - the GTK2
version was going up to 120 GB and then crashing after sending and
reading a few emails.

The "Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11" when first
trying to connect to the network is still there - the error messages
look completely unchanged from those with 3.19.1. That still needs some
investigation. There's a repeatable pattern that a failed IMAP
connection is required first, after which POP or SMTP connections work
normally. It's repeatable so I can work around that for now. As
previously discussed this could be Apple library issues.

I need to clean up the changes I've made to get Claws 4 to compile on
MacOS with the Quartz rather than X11 backend for GTK. Then I can send a
patch for that, there's not that many changes needed.

David.