[Users] claws-mail impap-error Port 993 tls on Macos

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Wed Nov 1 12:15:03 UTC 2023

Dňa 1. novembra 2023 11:47:12 UTC používateľ Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> napísal:

>If you do not wish to be named in the Reply, then the server needs to
>be reconfigured. The software is sending mail using your email as the
>From: address.

Please, read RFC 5322 before you promote your behavior as proper:

    The "From:" field specifies the author(s) of the message, that is,
    the mailbox(es) of the person(s) or system(s) responsible for the
    writing of the message.

Who is responsible for this message, i or ML? Thus, which address
have to be in From: header, my or ML's? I feel as "responsible for the
writing" of this message...

Sure, there are another questions, as ML modifies body (eg. DKIM,
DMARC), but IMO that is unrelated in this case...

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/