[Users] Updating message list when a filter is active

Paul Rolland rol at witbe.net
Tue May 16 07:13:36 UTC 2023

Hello,

On Mon, 15 May 2023 23:06:52 +0200
wwp <wwp at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Isn't that what the Sticky attribute of the quick search is for?
> Set your quick search expression, make sure it's sticky. Any message
> added to the current folder, provided that it matches the quick search
> expression, will show up in the list without the need to re-apply the
> quick search manually.

Sticky is there to keep the quicksearch parameters when navigating from
folder to folder, and then applying the same quickseartch when selecting
them.
Otherwise, the parameters are reset when you select a new folder.

(I just did the test in case I missed something, and it's definitely not
doing what I'm looking for).

Thanks for the tip. Claws is so feature-rich that it's easy to miss
something ;)

Best,
Rol.