[Users] Message List - How to make 'From' colum shows actual email adress?

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun May 14 22:19:00 UTC 2023

On Sun, 14 May 2023 23:48:25 +0200
mi <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> From time to time, i'm getting cleverly crafted spam which could be
> easily identified if the actual email adress would be revealed.
>
> However claws seems to perfer the arbitrary chosen sender name
> instead, in the 'From' column. Thus, i have to click the message (and
> who knows? maybe activate something malicious) to get that
> information.
>
> As a workaround i can say 'View message source' but it's pretty
> uncool.
>
> --> Is there a way to see the real email adress just in the message
> list? Some setting that slipped my attention?

Hi,

menu item 'Configuration' -> 'Preferences...' opens preference window.
Then in section 'Display', subsection 'Summaries', there are tabs
'Folder list', 'Message list' and 'Defaults'. Select 'Message list',
and look for 'Displayed in From column' line. Three choices are there,
'Name', 'Address', 'Name and address'. The second one is probably for
you. Caveat - in my case, using 3.19.1 version, 'Name and address'
option displays only address, name is missing. Maybe it's a bug?

> A 'ballon' info when hovering over the sender column would be ok
> too...

Well, it's there, if you have tooltips enabled - the same place as
above, just scroll down, checkbox 'Show tooltips', on by default, I
think (may be different in various distributions).

Regards,
Milan