[Users] How do I use Claws-mail for downloading RSS feed?

Susmita/Rajib bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com
Sat May 13 10:58:07 UTC 2023

My dear illustrious List Members and Leaders of claws-mail,

For 9 years I left using Claws-mail and preferred to use browser-based Gmail.

Just today I came back to Claws-mail after determining that claws-mail
and thunderbird among some other email clients allow RSS feed to be
downloaded and read. thunderbird is quite heavy, so preferred to use
claws-mail.

Presently, I use the Debian GNU/Linux Live 11.6.0 lxde
2022-12-17T11:46] and installed the Debian claws-mail package. The
filter/plug-in "My Feeds (RSSyl)" is present and selected.

I want to add the following sites to download RSS feeds:
(1)   https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/toi.opml
(2)   https://aninews.in/rss/feed/category/national.xml
and so on.

How to go about setting up the claws-mail client for receiving RSS
feeds from news-servers?

I searched the help pages like
https://www.claws-mail.org/documentation.php,
https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Plugins, but didn't find how
to set up claws-mail for downloading the said RSS feed links.

I tried the line:
export http_proxy=http://user:passwd@myproxy.example.com:8080 in the
./bashrc file as described in the webpage
https://www.claws-mail.org/documentation.php

One important note: I wouldn't like to use claws-mail to access emails
from my gmail emailserver with smtp or imap protocols. I am perfectly
at ease presently using gmail from the firefox browser. The present
arrangement completely fulfils my emailing needs.

I only want to add RSS feed links and read the feeds, that's all I would like.

Could I please be advised on the matter?

Best,
Rajib B