[Users] Print being cut off

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed May 3 23:42:51 UTC 2023

On Wed, 3 May 2023 17:46:12 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 May 2023 15:10:24 -0000
> sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:
>
> > It's the margin to the printer, an HP 1606DN, but only in CM. That's why
> > I asked if there's a way of settings the printer margin within CM.
>
> Edit ~/.claws-mail/clawsrc after quitting claws-mail, changing the
> following options to suitable values
>
> print_margin_top
> print_margin_bottom
> print_margin_left
> print_margin_right
>
> These are normally correctly set by GTK itself.

Seems there's an alternate way for this, which doesn't require restarting
Claws Mail because it's read on printing. A ~/.claws-mail/print_page_setup
file can be created with the following content:

[Page Setup]
MarginTop =
MarginBottom =
MarginLeft =
MarginRight =
Name = A4
Width = 210
Height = 286

Set the suitable values after the equals signs, units seem to be millimetres
everywhere. Adjust paper for your printer if needed, the values need to be
there otherwise GTK will say the file is invalid¹².

regards,

¹ https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/blob/gtk-3-24/gtk/gtkpagesetup.c#L630
² https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/blob/main/gtk/gtkpapersize.c#L920
--