[Users] Filtering messages with future dates?

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Wed May 3 20:23:15 UTC 2023

Dňa 3. mája 2023 19:27:06 UTC používateľ Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> napísal:
>Hi Pierre,
>
>On Sat, 29 Apr 2023 22:41:10 -0400
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone know if it's possible to filter messages with dates in the future;
>> often by many years.  Looks like a way for spammers to get their messages
>> grouped by "most recent"...  ;p
>>
>> If it's possible, what's the secret sauce?
>>
>> Hmm...  are such messages immune to "age_greater"..."delete"?
>
>IIRC the age of something is always relative to current date; but perhaps you
>could use a "date_after" for filtering those messages from the future.

Some time (years) ago i saw messages with date far in future
too. They all was some sort of SPAMs and the built-in bayes plugin
was able to catch them all (after some train). I even add rule
(lua) to my rspamd central filter to add some bad score to them...

But finally i do not remember any one in last year or two, nor in
mailbox nor in central rspamd results. I do not believe, that they
stops, but seems, that all are from known (bad) source, thus
now filtered by some RBL, or by some other filters on my MX,
before they reach SMTP DATA stage.

In other words, improve/train your SPAM filter (if you can) and
do not bother with filtering rules for that... If you cannot improve
SPAM filter, consider to change mail provider to some who allow
that...

regards

--
Slavko