[Users] Problem accessing gmail

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 16:52:55 UTC 2023

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 4:22 AM Geoffrey Leach <geoffleach.gl at gmail.com> wrote:

> First, I have no evidence that this is a claws-mail problem. This is NOT a
> claws-mail bug report.
>
> That said, earlier today, my connect to google/gmail started timing out (4
> min). In desperation I attempted to re-create my credentials, and hung up
> on getting the authorization code, Firefox being unable to connect,
>
> That latter probably explains my timeout problem. Any suggestions on what
> might be going wrong?

Firefox was updated this week.

I use Gmail. Sometimes when Firefox gets an update without a restart,
Firefox cannot connect to websites. In Gmail I get the "trying to
connect in NNN minutes." Closing and then reopening Firefox usually
fixes the issue for me.

I have observed the Firefox update problem with Gmail on both Windows
and Linux. I've also experienced the problem with Firefox on Stack
Overflow.

Jeff