[Users] Problem accessing gmail

Geoffrey Leach geoffleach.gl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 14:45:47 UTC 2023

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 1:30 AM Marco <mo01 at posteo.de> wrote:

> Am 15.03.2023 schrieb Geoffrey Leach <geoffleach.gl at gmail.com>:
>
> > That said, earlier today, my connect to google/gmail started timing
> > out (4 min). In desperation I attempted to re-create my credentials,
> > and hung up on getting the authorization code, Firefox being unable
> > to connect,
> >
> > That latter probably explains my timeout problem. Any suggestions on
> > what might be going wrong?
>
> A network problem at your side.
> Check the output of
> ip a
> resovlectl and cat /etc/resolv.conf
> ping google.com
>
> Hmmm --- I should have mentioned that I use Starlink. In any case my other
internet connections, including google, work just fine. Perhaps this is
relevant:
%  ping google.com
PING google.com(lax17s46-in-x0e.1e100.net (2607:f8b0:4007:810::200e)) 56
data bytes
^C
--- google.com ping statistics ---
358 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 365560ms

BTW, I'm using gmail. Please excuse anything that violates protocol.