[Users] Claws-Mail as an .eml viewer

mahlamytsike at gmail.com mahlamytsike at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 12:46:31 UTC 2023

> I didn't understand your original question.

No problem, can tell it once again and bit more detail.

> See `man claws-mail` for what's possible with Claws Mail.

Ok, as I understood, Claws Mail doesn't support opening .eml files from command line ?
$ claws-mail 'filename.eml' → does nothing but error message on claws.log file (debug enabled): 'filename.eml' not found.

Sylpheed for example supports this:
$ sylpheed 'filename.eml' → opens 'filename.eml' file in Sylpheed Message View. No error messages in sylpheed.log.

> Select its parent icon from the MIME icons to the right of the
> message view.

With .eml part or attachment if I select 'Open with' '/usr/bin/claws-mail %s', it does nothing, but error message in claws.log (debug enabled): 'filename.eml' not found. '/usr/bin/sylpheed %s' works normal, no errors in log file.

> What you can do with that msg file in your file system is drop it one
> of your mailbox directories and then open that folder in Claws Mail.

That's too cumbersome. Better to keep Claws-mail and Sylpheed both installed.