[Users] Claws has stopped working with GMail in OAUTH2 testing mode

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Sat Mar 11 23:18:06 UTC 2023

Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

>* 1. The default instructions in the FAQ are to use the 'In Production'
>  publishing status rather than the 'Testing' status. The 'Testing'
>  status is only mentioned as a possible alternative to try if the 'In
>  Production' status isn't working for you.
>
>* 2. I have been using the default instructions in the FAQ for quite
>  awhile now without any problem up to the present (i.e. no recent
>  errors), and I imagine there are multiple people who have the same
>  experience.

I can confirm that setting it on 'In Production' works well and
there's no weekly reauthorisation needed. That setting is the first
step on the path towards the Google code review (which costs money), but
you just set it to In Production and don't submit the code to Google.
Any external user would get an error, but if you're accessing the
account under which the software is registered for the clientid it works.