[Users] Claws has stopped working with GMail in OAUTH2 testing mode

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 10:57:18 UTC 2023

On Fri, 10 Mar 2023 17:28:09 -0800
sgeneris at comcast.net wrote:

> ... so will the FAQ still work - it's a hassle? That's why I asked if
> there's anybody here who has folloed the FAQ and Claws still works,
> or if anybody got a similar error.

DM: Hi, sgen. A number of points that you may find helpful:

* 1. The default instructions in the FAQ are to use the 'In Production'
  publishing status rather than the 'Testing' status. The 'Testing'
  status is only mentioned as a possible alternative to try if the 'In
  Production' status isn't working for you.

* 2. I have been using the default instructions in the FAQ for quite
  awhile now without any problem up to the present (i.e. no recent
  errors), and I imagine there are multiple people who have the same
  experience.

* 3. I'm not sure you'll have too much success in trying to figure out
  why the 'Testing' status stopped working for you and still works for
  one or more other people. Maybe it will randomly start working again
  for you.

* 4. When working through the instructions in the FAQ, you need to be
  pretty careful to follow all the relevant details in order for it to
  work.

* 5. You'll also want to make sure that you have one of the latest
  versions of Claws Mail, since there were some code updates made to
  specifically address some changes on Google's side. As a related
  note, it's always helpful to mention your OS version and Claws Mail
  version when posting here about a problem you're facing.

DM: Hope that helps, ---Dustin