[Users] Receive your own posts.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 6 04:55:27 UTC 2023

On Mon, 06 Mar 2023 04:58:40 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <kde.lists at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2023-03-06 at 14:10 +1300, Rolf Turner wrote:
> > There is an option on the subscription page, "Receive your own
> > posts to the list?"  Click on the "Yes" option.
>
> Hi,
>
> this doesn't work with some mailing list settings done by the person
> who runs the mailing list and some email providers. IOW while it does
> the trick for one mailman mailing list, it doesn't work for the same
> email account on another mailman mailing list.

I'm probably out to lunch here, but I would have thought that there is
only one relevant "mailman mailing list", explicitly the claws mail
users list.  And that list, does indeed provide the "Receive your own
posts to the list?" option.  At least it does for me, when I go there.

And I would not have thought that the email provider which is used
would have any effect on, or relevance to, this issue.

Note that one signs up for a mailing list (at least for the ones that I
use) by means of a web browser, not by means of an email client.

Very likely I'm completely misunderstanding something.

> Alternatively the OP can enable "Receive acknowledgement mail when you
> send mail to the list?"

How does one effect the enabling?  I looked at Configuration ->
Preferences for current account -> Send, and Configuration ->
Preferences -> {Mail handling -> Sending, Compose -> Writing} and could
find no such option.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--