[Users] mailing list

Ernie Baresch ernie-baresch at neb.rr.com
Fri Jun 30 20:07:00 UTC 2023

On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 08:30:09 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 19:48:35 -0400
> slitt at troubleshooters.com wrote:
>
> > This depends on whether the Claws-Mail mail to group facility uses
> > cc, bcc, to, or
>
> Try it. You'll see it uses whichever (To, Cc, Bcc) you choose to use.
>
> > whether it sends a single recipient email to each person in
> > the group.
>
> It doesn't do this.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Many thanks to you, Brett and Richard.

Here's what I want to do:

My high school class was quite large, about 350 classmates.  We are
becoming elderly, in our 80s and 90s, and a classmate who has law
enforcement experience in finding people is trying to answer "Whatever
became of old Whomever?".  I have a list of living classmates, with
email addresses, so that I can send information, usually obituary
notices these days, whenever we find something.

I have used Eudora Pro to send email notices to the classmates by
copying the email list into the BCC field but this hasn't been very
reliable, sometimes everyone on the classmates list receives the email
and sometimes not.  I would like to send a single email to each living
classmate as is mentioned above.

Is there a way to do this with Claws, perhaps not involving the address
book?

Regards,
Ernie B.