[Users] Newbie Hello is anybody around? Regards

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 17:44:02 UTC 2023

On Tue, 2023-06-27 at 13:53 +0000, tobias schwibingerr via Users wrote:
> Is pop possiblebecause I prefer pop.?

Hi,

yes, you can use POP. Take a look at my email address. I'm using several
Yahoo email addresses and all are POP accounts. For me it works with
Evolution as well as Claws, with either app passwords [1] one for
Evolution and another for Claws for each account or by two Factor
Authentication, aka 2FA. I don't own a smartphone, but an unsupported
and a supported iPad. On both iPads I can use "SAASPASS" [3], on the
still supported iPad I can also use "OTP Auth" [4]. On Arch Linux I've
got "authenticator" [5] installed, but never tested the Linux software.

You need always to post all the settings, excepted of passwords. Instead
of the passwords mention in what way you try to authenticate. Also tell
us what you do and what happens and/or doesn't happen. We cannot help
you, if you just provide four word descriptions such as "I did try
both".

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
https://de.hilfe.yahoo.com/kb/Passw%C3%B6rter-f%C3%BCr-Apps-von-Drittanbietern-generieren-und-verwalten-sln15241.html

[2]
https://de.hilfe.yahoo.com/kb/Best%C3%A4tigung-in-zwei-Schritten-f%C3%BCr-zus%C3%A4tzliche-Sicherheit-hinzuf%C3%BCgen-sln5013.html

[3]
Free as in beer
App Privacy: Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
https://apps.apple.com/app/password-manager-authenticator/id849132027

[4]
Free as in beer
App Privacy: Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
https://apps.apple.com/app/otp-auth/id659877384

[5]
For Arch Linux available by the AUR or by the chaotic-aur repository,
the package name is "authenticator". Official Debian and Ubuntu repos
name the package "gnome-authenticator".
Upstream: https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/Authenticator