[Users] imap_item_get_path: assertion 'folder_path != NULL' failed

Olaf olafs6 at gmx.de
Wed Jun 7 07:33:44 UTC 2023

On Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:08:25 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
> In your first mail you said that claws-mail was working perfectly,
> not you say claws-mail won't open. What's going on?

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. My English is not good, so I use google translator.
I had written
> In a test with Bodhi-Linux as the new system, claws-mail worked perfectly
> after copying.

What I meant by that is that because of the problem with claws-mail on my new Lubuntu 22.04 I did a test install of claws-mail on a bodhi linux. There, claws-mail worked as usual with the .claws-mail folder integrated via fstab/cifs.

> You are also using a version of Claws Mail which is over 3 years old
> and 6 releases behind.

I installed claws-mail a few days ago on Lubuntu 22.04 via the "muon" package manager. This shows me version 4.0.0.3. The older version information probably comes from the integrated folder(?)

I've come to the conclusion that this is getting too much work and that it's easier if I just set up the mail accounts in the new claws-mail installation instead of using the old folder.

Thank you,
Olaf