[Users] Claws Mail (Windows) always freezing

clawsmail at pasdzierny.de clawsmail at pasdzierny.de
Sun Jul 23 10:15:36 UTC 2023

Hi thanks for the hint :)

I got:
  use_networkmanager=0
and figure: that's not the problem, right ?

3 questions to the developers:

- why not keeping the *local* part of the app (such as GUI) entirely
  independend from non local IO (such as networking) ?
- why not writing the network layer in a plain old standard way
  expecting nothing but regular ip connections and dealing with network
  trouble (like interruptions etc.) as e.g. described by Richard Stevens
  network programming bible ?
- if (for whatever reason) dependend on network manager features: why
  not checking at runtime for it rather than offering a hidden config
  almost nobody knows about ?