[Users] Possible Feature request - Custom Action Buttons

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Mon Jul 17 20:58:53 UTC 2023

On Mon, 17 Jul 2023 14:59:28 -0400
Charles Lane <lane at dchooz.org> wrote:

> I'd really like a button "change to INBOX", which isn't
> tied to an action on a message, but more about the overall behavior
> of claws-mail.
>
> (Of course, as feature-rich as claws-mail is, odds are pretty good
> that it already exists...)

You can set some internal actions to toolbar buttons. Problem is that
"change to INBOX" is none of them, and won't be, mainly because is not a
suitable function: there can be multiple inboxes so it would require a
parameter.

The closer you can get currently is opening the "Go to/Folder" dialog,
then you select the inbox you want to visit.

What you really want would require the whole application to be
scriptable. For that you could use the python plugin, though not all
things are implemented, see the examples for some of what is possible.

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~