[Users] Forward of HTML email

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Sat Jan 28 11:32:14 UTC 2023

În data de Thu, 26 Jan 2023 19:28:20 +0100, Michael Rasmussen via Users a scris:

> > Try using resend instead of forward. Resend should "forward" the
> > mail as received.
> >
> Sorry, I ment redirect instead of resend.

Redirect ≠ forward.

Except of the "(by way of XX <xx at xx.xx>)" addition to the "From:" header field, from the recipient perspective it appears as the message was originally addressed directly to him, preserving all the original message headers *including* original date & time and – at first attempt – with no possibility to add further comments (but this can be later added if the message is first put in queue, except that this may ruin (?) the original message structure). At least from my practice, this can be very confusing for the recipient.

A workaround for the HTML forward might be "forward as attachment", but even in this case one should check if the recipient client is/was able to display properly the "attachment".

(still, I just wonder why people insists in preserving a HTML message :)

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
https://www.secarica.ro