[Users] Migrating account authentication from basic POP to OAuth2

Paul Rolland rol at witbe.net
Tue Jan 3 07:04:22 UTC 2023

Hello,

On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 17:45:35 +0000
Paul Rolland <paul.rolland at witbe.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 14:02:48 +0000
> Slavko <linux at slavino.sk> wrote:
>
> > Dňa 31. decembra 2022 11:55:56 UTC používateľ Paul Rolland
> > <rol at witbe.net> napísal:
> >
> > >Anyway, just in case, I've reported the issue to Microsoft... Not sure
> > >it'll help, but except redoing the whole authentication process from
> > >scratch (and then risk losing the ability to send mails), I really
> > >don't know what else I can do.

This morning, OAUTH2 with POP3 is back to standard operations... The only
change I did my side is to reactive a copy of the account in Claws with
POP3 basic authentication to continue receiving mails... Guess the issue
was on MS side, and that they finally fixed it (as it was still working
with SMTP servers, this is definitely the most likely).

Best,
Paul

--
Paul Rolland                                E-Mail : rol(at)witbe.net
CTO - Witbe.net SA                          Tel. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 77

Please no HTML, I'm not a browser - Pas d'HTML, je ne suis pas un
navigateur "Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work
hard at it"

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10
or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you
when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation