[Users] Email organization approaches

slitt at troubleshooters.com slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Feb 6 06:34:59 UTC 2023

>I archive by year except for some smaller projects that I put in their
>own folder. _______________________________________________

My approach is to have a folder for almost every one of my many mailing
lists, a garbage folder where those I've filtered out go, and a trash
folder for stuff I delete. I have a spam folder for stuff my ISP marks
as spam. With this approach, between 70% and 90% of the stuff going
into my INBOX is spam I can delete. My filters do all of this sorting.

For the mailing list folders that tend to get big every year, I have an
OLDFOLDERS folder with subfolders for the various mailing list and
INBOX, and each of those subfolders has its own subfolders for each
year. This way once a year I move old stuff to its proper place into
the proper mailing_list/year folder.

SteveT