[Users] Move thread to folder

Ben Hancock ben at benghancock.com
Mon Feb 6 04:07:27 UTC 2023

Colin Leroy-Mira via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> > With a collapsed thread selected, is there a way to move all the
> > messages in the thread to a folder (other than Trash)? The behavior
> > I seem to see is that doing Ctrl+O moves only the first message in
> > the thread to the folder, leaving the others in place.
>
> When a thread is collapsed and your selection is on its root, only
> its root is selected. You can still use Edit/Select thread to select
> the whole, albeit still collapsed, thread selected. There's an "X
> items selected" indicator just over the quicksearch bar, at the
> bottom of the message list.

Thanks Colin, I somehow had missed that option - exactly what I needed.

> It you want to make "Select thread" easier, you can assign it a
> shortcut the usual way (leave your mouse over the menu item and hit
> the desired shortcut).

Actually, In recent versions of GTK this no longer seems to work. I
remember a thread on this a while back, but can't quite remember the
specifics. Alt-E L isn't too bad to just navigate to the mention option
with shortcuts though.

Best,
- Ben