[Users] Claws-Mail on a M1 Mac

Jim Pachowski jimmy.patch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 19:17:12 UTC 2023

Hello.

I am trying to get Claws-Mail running on my M1 Mac. Has anybody had
any success with it? Please help if you have any insights on this.

When I searched about it, I realised I had three options:
1. MacPorts - old version
2. HomeBrew - 3.19.0 (sort of old) but no Fancy plugin
3. HomeBrew to get libraries, etc. and self-compile

Since #1 and #2 got pushed out, I thought it would be easy to get
sources and just compile. No. I ran into problems that I do not
understand. "make" exits with

  "_SecCertificateCopyData", referenced from:
      _mailstream_low_cfstream_get_certificate_chain in
libetpan.a(mailstream_cfstream.o)
  "_SecTrustEvaluate", referenced from:
      _mailstream_cfstream_set_ssl_enabled in libetpan.a(mailstream_cfstream.o)
      _mailstream_low_cfstream_get_certificate_chain in
libetpan.a(mailstream_cfstream.o)
  "_SecTrustGetCertificateAtIndex", referenced from:
      _mailstream_low_cfstream_get_certificate_chain in
libetpan.a(mailstream_cfstream.o)
  "_SecTrustGetCertificateCount", referenced from:
      _mailstream_cfstream_set_ssl_enabled in libetpan.a(mailstream_cfstream.o)
      _mailstream_low_cfstream_get_certificate_chain in
libetpan.a(mailstream_cfstream.o)

If you have any insights/guides/info to help getting CM working on my
Mac, please let me know.