[Users] Automatic redirection

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Wed Feb 1 15:40:47 UTC 2023

On Wed, 1 Feb 2023 15:36:00 +0100
"Jakub T. Jankiewicz" <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:

> Can you setup automatic redirection or redirection as attachment
> in the Claws-mail?

For redirecting mail you can assign an action to a toolbar button, but
I think you would like to invoke given action on message being
delivered or read by Claws Mail. For this task, you can setup filtering
rule (menu item Configuration -> Filtering...), where you can define a
condition, when is this invoked action of this rule. Possible actions
include resend (three varieties).

Also, there is Processing... item in folder context menu (right click
on a folder in folder list, usually left most pane of Claws Mail's UI).
There you can define action similarly. You need a bit experimenting
with it to get full understanding.

Caveat: I am not using filtering in Claws Mail, I prefer to do it server
side. This, naturally, requires either self managed server, or server
with some facility designed for some kind of self administering.
Anyway, I think Claws' filtering should do the job for you, just some
testing is probably necessary :)

Regards,
Milan