[Users] LiteHTML Plugin 'Hangs' When Trying to Display Certain HTML Emails

Jonathan Boeing jonathan at claws-mail.org
Mon Dec 18 00:30:13 UTC 2023

On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:06:56 +0100
Michael Rasmussen via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 13:30:11 -0400
> Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I've had this happen too with version 4.2.0 that was recently
> > released and built by me. Don't have any examples at the moment,
> > they weren't anything important. I can start saving them if it
> > would be helpful...
> >
> Attached to this message is an email proving the observed behaviour.
> Works as expected in fancy and any browser.

litebrowser (https://github.com/litehtml/litebrowser-linux) can render
that message in about 20 seconds.  It's slow, but better than the 30
minutes it takes Claws.

I updated litebrowser's bundled copy of gumbo-parser to the 0.12.1
version from codeberg.  It still took 20 seconds to render, which makes
it seem like an issue somewhere in our implementation.

Regards,

Jonathan