[Users] Thunderbird vs Claws Mail

Peter Ehlert pb21a at sdi-baja.com
Tue Aug 15 17:16:53 UTC 2023

I am a long time user of Thunderbird. No real complaints, but the GUI
has slowly been changed.
lately I have been struggling with that, trying to get it to be My Way.
Minor success.

also the .msf files have gotten Huge and that hinders rapid and easy
backups.

In the process I would like to do some housekeeping, fix a few filters
and rearrange my copious folders.

Question: do you folks recommend migrating to Claws Mail?
the initial look and feel seems to be familiar and comfortable, but I
know little of the history and stability.

secondly, will I be missing the basic features such as Filters?

thanks in advance.