[Users] Attachment icon not showing

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun Aug 13 07:43:30 UTC 2023

On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 09:00:00 +0200
Kolusion K <kolusion at post.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I just installed Claws Mail version 3.17.5 and love that I can make
> HTML content show in the e-mail reader without it being rendered. It
> the only e-mail client I could find that can do it. I have a problem
> and hope that somebody can help me out.
>
> The problem is that the attachment icon does not show in the inbox
> view unless I click on or open a message.

I can only confirm the same behaviour here. I am using IMAP, so things
could be different for POP3 users. From my memory, I think when
messages are being downloaded, only headers are read first, and the
whole message read when message is being selected/read. Maybe this is
configurable, I can't find anything related in configuration dialogs.

The problem, probably, may even not be connected with the way how
message content is downloaded, but how the message is being analysed
for various bits of information being displayed in summary. It could
look just into message headers, which could speed things up, but does
not allow for reliable and accurate determination of some bits
(attachment or PGP signature - special kind of attachment, usually)
being displayed.

I know this does not help you to solve the issue, and I don't know
exact details of it. I do not consider it so much pressing for me, so I
did not bother look into it more, but I agree it could be somehow
misleading.

Regards,
Milan