[Users] How to filter utf8 messages

Leon Fisk lfiskgr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 18:15:07 UTC 2023

On Thu, 27 Jul 2023 07:38:59 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Jul 2023 05:41:39 +0000 Colin Leroy-Mira via Users wrote:
>
>>July 26, 2023 at 11:11 PM, "Slavko" <linux at slavino.sk> wrote:
>>
>>Hi,
>>
> [...]
>>
>>The decoded, of course. Otherwise we couldn't filter or search for anything
>>non-ascii.
>>

>A "raw" option would be appreciated. :)
>For those who have the skills, patches welcome!

Thought I would point out that legit email is using this too. Recently
received this from a big online seller for a purchase made:

===
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?=F0=9F=9A=9A_ORDER_UPDATE:_Nike_Visor_Mens_Adju...?=
===

I routinely modify subjects like this to make the wording more
meaningful to me or I wouldn't have noticed. Pretty sure I've seen
Harbor Freight doing it too with some of their special offers, but some
people would just consider that spam...

--
Leon
Claws 3.19.0, Debian