[Users] error box

Manfred Schmitt claws at slashproc.org
Sun Apr 23 08:54:51 UTC 2023

bruce wrote:

> is there a way to turn off the error box from popping up?
>
> one of them is the child process error box.  this takes place when I
> start the email.

Dunno what you are talking about here?
Maybe you have enabled "Start in terminal" in the desktop shortcut?

> error: could not spawn following command

Shouldn't this just be fixed, why could a command not be spawned?

> the other one is i cant send email out due an smtp error

There are some popup dialog related settings in Configuration,
Preferences, Mail Handling, Receive and also in Send.
But if there was a failure to send an email one would like to see the
error?
I mean, if it doesn't matter if the mail is send or not why send it in
the first place? :-)

> the other one is the handshake failure box which I think involves
> gmail password in a different email account.

This also sounds more like a misconfiguration to be fixed?
Or are you talking about the always/often changing certificates from gmail?
There is a setting to automatically accept changed but valid certs in the
accounts SSL settings.

And now to the main reason why I answered:
It looks like your clock is 10 month in the past :-)

Bye,
Manfred