[Users] Users Digest, Vol 139, Issue 34

Manfred Schmitt claws at slashproc.org
Sat Apr 1 16:32:53 UTC 2023

Miroslav Skoric wrote:

> On 4/1/23 2:40 AM, Bernd Plagge wrote:
> > I'm running 3.17.8 and Debian Bullseye.
> >
> > My suggestion is to update first to Debian Bullseye.
> >

> I will see about possible upgrade to Debian Bullseye. The laptop is old
> and every new release makes it even more slower, but it still works :-)

I haven't seen any real differences performance-wise between Debian Versions
with my  2011 Latitude E6520.
And the dist-upgrade from Buster to Bullseye was one of smoothest since I'm using
Debian.
Nonetheless it's always a good idea to read the Release Notes and not just change
the sources.list and do an dist-upgrade out of the blue:
https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/releasenotes

Coming back on-topic:
Afair there were some backwards incompatible configuration changes atleast
between the 3.x and 4.x claws-mail versions.
So before installing the version from backports take a backup :-)
In general it isn't a problem using different claws-mail versions if you set individual
configuration directories  with the  --config-dir parameter.

Bye,
Manfred