[Users] Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and now cannot start claws-mail.

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Thu Sep 29 22:01:04 CEST 2022

On Thu, 29 Sep 2022 18:13:25 +1300
Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 06:22:20 +0000
> Marco <mo01 at posteo.de> wrote:
>
> > Am 28.09.2022 um 12:51:22 Uhr schrieb Rolf Turner:
> >
> > > I can now start claws-mail by clicking on the icon that is created
> > > when claws-mail is installed.  (See attachment.)
> >
> > ok, does anything still doesn't work or is it fine?
>
> Everything works if I open claws-mail by clicking on the icon, but
> *DOES NOT* work (a massive error message is generated) if I try to
> open claws-mail from the command line.

I've tried starting suse's edition of claws-mail from a script before,
and in different window managers as well, and had the same troubles,
back in the day. Even when using the same command line as used in
kde4/plasma, iirc.

it's likely that it was because the environment was different. at least
that is what i had read somewhere. distros do thing differently, even
weirdly, than normal folk.

might try checking the path the window manager uses versus the
cli/shell. they sometimes differ, since distros prefer to follow their
own path, etc.

after all, $DISTRO knows best and users must obey, right?

--
jd