[Users] Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and now cannot start claws-mail.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Sep 27 02:53:21 CEST 2022

Further mystification:  when I try to start claws-mail from the command
line, it still crashes.  But when I click on the claws-mail icon, it
starts, no problema.  What mystifies me is that when I click on the
"Properties" tab of the icon, it shows that the associated command is
"claws-mail %u".  So why does "claws-mail" work when invoked by the
icon/GUI, but not work when invoked directly from the command line?

This makes no sense at all to me, and I expect it won't make any sense
to anyone else, so I'd probably better shut up about it.

cheers,

Rolf

P.S.  Just to explain --- the reason why I was using the command line
at all was that initially (right after doing my upgrade) clicking on the
claws-mail icon just produced a spinning wheel of death, for a long
while, and then nothing.  I resorted to the command line to try to get
some error messages or diagnostics.

R.

--
Honorary Research Fellow