[Users] Font setting for Latin + 2 other scripts

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Mon Sep 12 23:22:48 UTC 2022

On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 00:56:24 +0700
Stéphane Aubry <stephaneaubry at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  A line of French:
> Ç’était comment l’été dernier à la plage. Il aurait dû venir.
> A line of Japanese:
> ビジネスの現場で使用される内容で、少し専門的な内容も含まれます。依頼者の希望をくみ取って
> A line of Thai:
> ขออภัยในความล่าช้าของการจัดส่ง คำสั่งซื้อหมายเลข

Each line does appear correctly.

I am using claws with linux with en_US.UTF8 locale and roboto + noto
fonts.

I gave up trying this with windows 10. I could only get as far as
correct CJK and latin character sets when switching the locale to ja_JP
and enabling the "beta" UTF-8 in the administrative region settings
dialog. Merely installing language packs failed to completely meet
requirements. It is so frustrating! It would be so helpful if microsoft
produced a truly international or global version of windows.

But if you have not already done so, perhaps try installing the language
packs? (if you have, then nevermind. I have no more ideas.) one can only
hope the locale restrictions were eased more in windows 11.

Regard,

jd