[Users] I don't understand why the attached mail gets deleted as too old.

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Mon Sep 12 14:03:23 UTC 2022

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:36:14 +0000
Colin Leroy-Mira via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

Hello Colin,

>I think the missing day in
>Date: 12 Sep 2022 10:41:16 +0000 (GMT)
>
>instead of
>Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 10:41:16 +0000 (GMT)

Okay, Date header not 100% compliant.  Good to know.  Thanks for that.

>is causing the parser some pain, by I have no idea where 15 March 2006
>comes from.

Nor me.  Especially as the time is displayed correctly.

Short version;  It's not me or my rules at fault.

Thanks for your help, Colin.

Checking previous mails from that organisation indicates they have a Day
part to the header.  So obviously, something's changed their end.
Although I don't expect they'll care enough to do anything about it,
should I report the problem;
 "It works here...."
Being the sort of response I would expect to get.   :-(

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"