[Users] Rendering Smart Tags

Robert Williams bob.williams at karmasailing.uk
Wed Sep 7 05:29:57 UTC 2022

On Tue, 6 Sep 2022 15:46:16 +0200
Milan Obuch wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Sep 2022 13:53:12 +0100
> Robert Williams <bob.williams at karmasailing.uk> wrote:
>
> > I have received an email which formats its content using smart tags.
> > The effect should be to display some fields each on a separate line.
> > This works when I view the email message in WebMail, but CM displays
> > everything on one continuous line.
> >
> > I am using the Fancy plugin for HTML mails, but Smart Tags are
> > evidently not the same as html tags. At the sending end, they look
> > like {all_fields}
> >
> > Is there a plugin that would render them as intended in Claws-Mail?
> >

> Could you show us an example of such mail? Where this email originate
> from?
>
> Regards,
> Milan

The mail is sent from a website. A user completes an online form, and
when they click on the 'Submit' button, a notification is sent to the
website owner.

This is how it appears in Claws:

From: Brighton Belle Sailing Club <info at brightonbelle.org>
To: info at brightonbelle.org
Subject: [Bbinfo] New Submission #6: Contact Form
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 17:41:11 +0000

Membership start date: 05/09/2022Full name: Robert WilliamsEmail Address: bob.williams at brightonbelle.orgMobile Phone Number: 07976nnnnnnEmergency Contact name: Mickey MousePhone Number: 07976nnnnnnCosts: * All members contribute towards the running costs and maintenance of Brighton Belle.

The content should format like this:

Email Address: bob.williams at brightonbelle.org
Mobile Phone Number: 07976nnnnnn
Emergency Contact name: Mickey Mouse
Phone Number: 07976nnnnnn
Costs: * All members contribute towards the running costs and maintenance of Brighton Belle.

Bob
--
Robert Williams
    bob.williams at karmasailing.uk