[Users] Claws Mail saves the many intermediate drafts to the Gmail server

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Oct 26 15:35:52 UTC 2022

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 18:20:22 +0300
<mahlamytsike at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use Claws Mail primarily as a Gmail frontend. IMAP and SMTP both
> connected to gmail.com. Now, when I write some email, Claws Mail
> saves the intermediate drafs to the Gmail server, all of which can be
> seen in the correspondence thread after I send the email, when I look
> at Gmail in the phone app, for example. I have to manually delete
> them later. Is it possible to configure Claws Mail so that the
> intermediate file is overwritten on the Gmail server?

In the account settings there is an advanced tab where you can
configure where drafts are to be put. If drafts are stored server side
the expected behaviour is that the server deletes the draft after
copying to the queue. If the drafts folder is kept locally I seem to
remember that claws will remove it. The draw-back to a local drafts
folder is that you will then be on-able to continue on another computer.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act.' -George Orwell

/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Federal grants are offered for... research into the recreation
potential of interplanetary space travel for the culturally
disadvantaged.