[Users] Bulk emailing with Claws

Norwid Behrnd nbehrnd at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 06:58:26 UTC 2022

Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:

> Well, scripting is a solution for this. Your X-Mailer header shows you
> are using Claws Mail on Linux, so you should be able to use Python
> scripting plugin. It allows you to write a script callable by taskbar
> button press.

At present, I'm only aware about the plugin's documentation on CM

https://www.claws-mail.org/plugin.php?plugin=python

and a brief video «Claws Mail Python Scripting Demo» of about 5 min by
brntcast (which might refer to Holger Berndt, maintainer of the plugin) on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnW4pMpiY40

By now, some of the instruction the silent presents still work, others
(adopting Python 3 syntax instead of the displayed Python 2) do not

```
>>> # based on the youtube video, around 01:46 mm:ss:
>>> action_group = clawsmail.get_mainwindow_action_group()
>>> print(action_group)
<__gi__.GtkActionGroup object at 0x7ff80877a100 (GtkActionGroup at 0x11a8a80)>

>>> for action in action_group.list_actions():
...     print(action.get_name)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'GtkActionGroup' object has no attribute 'list_actions'

```

My follow-up on the original question:  Is there a more recent presentation
than the video (upload by 2009), or the on CM's web site (last update by 2015)?

Regards,

Norwid