[Users] Bulk emailing with Claws

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 21 00:23:27 UTC 2022

On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 02:42:37 +0300
<mahlamytsike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> I'm looking for suggestions on how to send an email with the same
> content to multiple recipients at once. Just in case, I specify that
> these are price requests for up to 20 recipients. After sending,
> correspondence with them would also follow, that's why I would like
> to solve it in Claws mail, which I use on a daily basis. The problem
> is how to solve the situation so that the TO line of the e-mail being
> sent has only one recipient's address. Writing all addresses in the
> TO line or BCC is not appropriate. Currently, I send these letters
> manually one at a time, copying the content and title. Is it possible
> to somehow automate this in the Claws email? Or can you recommend
> some other tool?

If you compose the emails with the BCC, then "Send later", the files go
in ~/Mail/queue for me. Then some script to pass through the files and
change:

	Bcc:   ====>   To:

not sure if the headers need changing also ??  There will no doubt be
cleaner/easier methods though.

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Richards

Religion is for those who fear hell. Spirituality is for those who have
been there (Lars Muhl)