[Users] 1 serious 2 cosmetic strange behaviors in the completion list for To:/CC:

Alain Coulais alain.coulais at obspm.fr
Tue Oct 18 10:44:30 UTC 2022

Claws Mail version 4.0.0

Ubuntu 22.04 up-to-date

libgtk-3.so.0

Sorry if I am not using the exact terminology
(and my interface is in french !)

Not sure if it is better to make a bug report
or to post here before :)

* one serious

In the composition window,
In the line/space to enter an mail address (same behavior for To:/CC:/Bcc)
When putting few characters and then do completion,
and when I have more than one email (N), a list appeared
*but* this list shown only N-1 entries, a slicer appears to
have access to the last one (this is OK when the list
is way longer than the window but not OK for small numbers,
hiding 1 mail in a list of 4 !)

a dashed line appeared at the bottom of the list to show
it is continuing below.

I do suspect a +1/-1 bug in counting the number of emails
then will generating the list. I do not remember to have this
bug in my previous version of claws-mail (3.14.1)

* two cosmetic

1/ Same context ! selecting an email by completion
If no answer a void list of 2/3 lines appears
(no warning, just white spaces)

2/ If only one answer, the line + a void line

These two are "details"

with best regards

Alain C.

PS: if captures are useful, I can try