[Users] git version...?

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sat Oct 15 11:08:54 UTC 2022

On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 16:15:15 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> Is git71 the correct/official version?

The official version is the the tag version, i.e. the 4.1.0 part.

The rest depends on the tools being used and varies with time. In the
case of git it also depends on the patches applied locally, which are
counted as well, so nothing is "official" beyond the tag version.

> I see your X-Mailer reports 1374...

Yes, my build clone is pre-merge, haven't bothered myself to get a
pristine clone yet…

> I'm not a git expert; is this implying there's 2 parallel branches?

No, it's the same branch with slightly different git data on disk.
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~