[Users] Claws Mail freezes with 100% CPU

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Sat Oct 15 10:54:04 UTC 2022

On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 12:38:10 +0200
Roman Brusa <r.brusa at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Done.

Thanks for sending it.

I viewed it with both gtk3 and gtk2 versions of Claws Mail. With both the
message opened instantly and without issues.

It seems that there must be a problem in one of the dependencies on your
system. My system is regularly updated. If you are using one of the so-called
"stable" or "long-term support" distro versions then this is probably where
your problem lies.

The first place to look, although it is not necessarily caused by these
libraries, is cairo and pango. Here I am using cairo 1.17.6 and pango 1.50.9.

Your problem is not caused by a Claws Mail bug in all likelihood.

with regards

Paul