[Users] Claws Mail Can't Connect to Internet With Specific Internet Connection

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 15:16:40 UTC 2022

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 14:43:57 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:38:18 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In any case, I am wondering whether anyone (probably a developer)
> > can give me a basic idea of what is supposed to happen (i.e.
> > 'behind-the-scenes') in the interaction between CM and its host
> > system (Linux-based) when a person directs CM to check email? Or
> > perhaps point me to a resource or documentation where I could find
> > this out myself? Might be a long shot, but I thought I'd check in
> > here to see if I can get some info that will help me know how to
> > move forward with trouble-shooting this.
>
> I am wondering if this is a NetworkManager problem. Check if you have
> NetworkManager support built in on the Features tab under /Help/About.
>
> If you do, then disable it and re-try. To disable it you need to quit
> Claws Mail, open ~/.claws-mail/clawsrc, and set
>
> use_networkmanager=0

DM: Thanks for the idea, Paul. I do have it built in. I disabled it,
but the problem persists. Also tried starting Claws with the '--debug'
option, but it didn't give any additional info, only mentioning that it
was trying to connect and then (once the timeout was reached) that the
connection had been canceled. ---Dustin