[Users] Oauth2 not working with Microsoft Exchange

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 19:19:22 UTC 2022

Paul Rolland <rol at witbe.net> wrote:

>socket.c:1278:Unexpected TLS read result -110
>** Message: 19:11:28.760: OAuth2 access token not obtained
>
>Any idea what could be that error -110 ? I've tried to have a look at
>GNUTLS repo for release 3.7.7, but socket.c is not that long, so I don't
>know who is creating the "Unexpected TLS" error.

The socket.c this is referring to is part of Claws Mail, not part of
GnuTLS, look at claws-mail/src/common/socket.c

The error is coming from the "default:" catch-all entry, but maybe the
other entries would help work out what's not coming through as expected
in the TLS handshake? It looks like gnutls_record_recv() in gnutls
isn't happy. The -110 value is being returned by gnutls_record_recv()
which leads to "GnuTLS error -110: The TLS connection was non-properly
terminated."

Does this help see what's causing incorrect termination? I don't know
if a poorly formatted request from Claws could do that (hopefully not as
it's working ok so far)? Or a certificate error of some type?

David.