[Users] Building CM on Windows 11 with MSys2 MinGW

Jonathan Boeing jonathan at claws-mail.org
Fri Nov 25 06:49:01 CET 2022

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 12:16:16 +0600
Enan Ajmain <3nan.ajmain at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 21:40:31 -0700
> Jonathan Boeing <jonathan at claws-mail.org> wrote:
> > That's pretty much what I'd expect when trying to build with Msys or
> > WSL.  Cross-compiling is a lot better than it used to be, but you're
> > still out in the wild.  If you want it to just work, build from a
> > Debian 11 VM in VirtualBox.
> >
> > See https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng/issues/1328 for
> > someone hitting the same GMP build failure with WSL:
>
> Thanks. I found the same GH issues and ended up using these values,
> and with these `gmp` built fine.
>
>     $ echo $CC_FOR_BUILD
>     /usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc
>     $ echo $CPP_FOR_BUILD
>     /usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-cpp
>
> > > Update:
> > > I tried the same thing in ubuntu vm.it worked fine.
>
> I also shifted to a native Ubuntu-20.04 host (not VM, not WSL), but
> unfortunately ran into another problem. I can't provide the full log
> because my tmux buffer holds only 5K lines, but I hope the pertinent
> parts are there (see below).
>
> The error is related to `pgpcore` not finding the «pthread» library (I
> think).

Whats the configure output from the lines:

checking for libgcc
checking for libstdc++-6.dll
checking for libwinpthread

In the top level Makefile, what are the values of:

gcc_dir
libgcc_dll
libstdcpp_dll
libwinpthread_dir
libwinpthread_dll

What's the full command line when it tries to link pgpcore.la?  You can
get it with:

cd src/playground/build/claws_mail-4.1.1-build/src/plugins/pgpcore/
make V=1

Regards,

Jonathan