[Users] Install from source on XFce Fedora 37

Jakub T. Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Mon Nov 21 09:21:21 CET 2022

Now I have problem with Perl and missing EXTERN.h when compiling. Maybe it
should be tested by configure script. The file is in
/usr/lib64/perl5/CORE/EXTERN.h not /usr/lib/perl5, but I have no idea how to
tell where the file is located.

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 22:55:34 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 22:35:34 +0100
> "Jakub T. Jankiewicz" <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:
>
> > I've cloned the repo again, the configure script is missing in the repo so
> > I've tried autoconf and automake (they are not listed in any instruction)
> > but got a lot of errors from missing tools and scripts.
>
> You need to run ./autogen.sh, as detailed in the README file (12. Installing
> Claws Mail from Git), and here: https://www.claws-mail.org/git.php, and
> here:
> https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Installation_and_Configuration#I_checked_out_the_sources_using_git_and_cant_find_any_configure_script._What_can_I_do.3F
>

> with regards
>
> Paul

Jakub T. Jankiewicz, Senior Front-End Developer
https://jcubic.pl/me