[Users] Install from source on XFce Fedora 37

Jakub T. Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Sun Nov 20 21:35:34 CET 2022

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 20:03:11 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:44:06 +0100
> "Jakub T. Jankiewicz" <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:
>
> > $ pkg-config --modversion libetpan
> > 1.9.4
>
> That means using pkg-config to check for libetpan works, therefore the build
> process should never need to test for libetpan-config, because that test
> only runs when the pkg-config check fails, (typically for older versions of
> libetpan which didn't include the pkg-config).
>
> You should start afresh, because something is broken in your previous build
> attempt.

I've cloned the repo again, the configure script is missing in the repo so
I've tried autoconf and automake (they are not listed in any instruction) but
got a lot of errors from missing tools and scripts.

autoconf shows errors like this:

configure.ac:70: error: Could not locate the pkg-config autoconf macros. These
are usually located in /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4. If your macros
are in a different location, try setting the environment variable
ACLOCAL_FLAGS before running ./autogen.sh or autoreconf again. E.g.:
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I/other/macro/dir"
configure.ac:70: the top level
autom4te: error: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

Even that I have this file installed:

$ file /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4: M4 macro processor script, Unicode text, UTF-8 text

And automake is throwing a wall of errors.

I try to compile from gtk2 branch since I use Xfce.

--
Jakub T. Jankiewicz, Senior Front-End Developer
https://jcubic.pl/me