[Users] Fancy and fancywebextension

Jonathan Boeing jonathan at claws-mail.org
Thu Nov 17 23:08:50 CET 2022

On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 00:33:20 +0200
<mahlamytsike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I think it's already covered here but I couldn't google it out. I
> used Fancy plugin already for a while. But I am not sure what
> fancywebextension.so exactly does. Can someone explain ?

fancywebextension.so is a simple Webkit extension that either blocks or
allows remote content.

Previously, the Fancy plugin used an unsupported method to block remote
content.  Glib recently 'fixed' that method, so the webextension was
created to do the same job but in the way Webkit expects.

> When attempted to test, it throws:
>
> The following error occurred while loading fancywebextension.so:
>
> 'plugin_name':
> /usr/lib/claws-mail/plugins/web_extensions/fancywebextension.so:
> undefined symbol: plugin_name

Are you building Claws yourself or using a distro provided package?
Please provide more details on your system and the Claws build you're
using.

Regards,

Jonathan