[Users] Sending email from plus- or sub-address of Gmail

Enan Ajmain 3nan.ajmain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:44:50 CET 2022

On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 10:32:04 +0000
Marco <mo01 at posteo.de> wrote:
> Am 14.11.2022 um 17:09:51 Uhr schrieb Enan Ajmain:
>
> > GMail allows plus- or sub-addressing[1]. I can use it properly when
> > getting an email, i.e., getting an email with `To' header having a
> > plus-address to my main GMail address. But I cannot send from a
> > plus-address. The outgoing email that's saved in the outbox has the
> > plus-address in the `From' header, but the email that is actually
> > sent by GMail has my original GMail address in the `From' header.
>
> Did you change the From: header in the mail you sent or did you only
> change the address in the settings?

I only changed the `From:' header in the compose-email window. I did not
change anything in the settings.

Are you implying I have to set up a new account with the plus-addressed
GMail address? I was thinking of a workflow where I just have to change
the `From:' header in the compose-email window and it would just send
the email with that value of `From:'.

--
Enan
3nan.ajmain at gmail.com
https://www.github.com/3N4N

GPG Key ID: 448F8D0D0D6DB601566E396CA031EA10A3ECB75D